Path Valley Service Plaza
1 October 1940|
(Opening of the Turnpike)
Path Valley Service Plaza was an eastbound service plaza on the Pennsylvania Turnpike just past Tuscarora Mountain Tunnel. The popularity of the nearby and larger Sideling Hill Service Plaza (itself opened to fill the gap left by the abandonment of Cove Valley Service Plaza) made Path Valley a money-loser, and it was closed in the early 1980s.
The bare concrete surface is easily visible from the Turnpike between Tuscarora Mountain Tunnel and the Willow Hill interchange, but is fenced off from the highway and cannot be used for emergency pullover.