New Baltimore Service Plaza
1 October 1940|
(Opening of the Turnpike)
New Baltimore Service Plaza was a service plaza serving eastbound traffic about a mile past St. John's Church, the famous Church on the Turnpike, in the borough of New Baltimore. It is just across the county line into Bedford County.
It was closed in 1957, along with Laurel Hill Service Plaza. The place is now an emergency stopping area by the side of the Turnpike, with room for equipment and barrier storage, and an access road onto one of the roads running through the borough.