Laurel Hill Service Plaza
1 October 1940|
(Opening of the Turnpike)
Laurel Hill Service Plaza was a very small service plaza serving eastbound traffic about two miles past Laurel Hill Tunnel. Instead of a full service dining room, it had a limited menu for snacks and sandwiches.
It was closed in 1957, along with New Baltimore Service Plaza. The place is now simply an emergency stopping area by the side of the Turnpike.